- Ocean currents (the movement of water at different temperatures through the oceans).
- Amount of water (clouds) and dust in the atmosphere.
- Prevailing winds (the direction that winds usually blow from).
- Altitude (height above sea-level).
- Latitude (angle of sun’s rays and effect on day length).
- Distance from the sea.
- Aspect (the influence of slopes eg different sides of a valley).
Watch the following movie about the factors affecting the Earth’s Climate:
This image may help to get you started!