1. What is weather? It’s an easy question, but can you give a clear answer?
2. Now think about how weather differs from climate.
3. Why is it important to obtain weather information? Who needs to know?
4. How can weather data be collected? Complete this table outline
to show the instruments used to record weather data. This link
5. Now complete these worksheets about rain gauges
and wet/dry bulb thermometers.
You will need to make a rain gauge for your weather investigation (see below) – Instructions of how to make one are given here
6. Where are weather instruments kept and why? Complete this worksheet to answer this question.
7. The Beaufort Scale is a method of recording wind speed. Complete these activities to find out more about it.
Formal Assessment 1 – Nanjing weather investigation 2015
Nanjing weather assignment 2015
As part of the weather investigation report you are required to create a climate graph. Here is an example and the links below will give you some more examples.
Climate Graph Examples from Waugh, D. The New Wider World
APA Reference Examples