There are some simple rules that all grade levels should follow when referencing:
1. Use the title ‘Reference List’ not Bibliography.
2. List all the references in alphabetical order.
3. Always indent after the first line, one tab in.
4. Use the correct format for each reference (see guide below).
5. Do not number the references or use separate lists for books / websites / movies.
Here is the full detailed Guide to APA 6th Edition
The Library Edublog has lots of help: http://share.nanjing-school.com/library/library-home-2/apa-guides/
Important note: ALL CRITERION B ASSESSMENTS REQUIRE A REFERENCE LIST
Here is an example of a student created reference list:
Grades 9 and 10
- You are required to create a reference list in full APA using the rules above.
- You DO need to have in-text citations; at least one for each source cited in the reference list (matching pairs – everything in the reference list should have an in text citation and vice versa).
- You should have between 5 and 8 sources for each assignment.
- You should only have Wikipedia one time per reference list.