Lesson 1: Why study human population?
Watch the video below. Afterwards, write down as many questions as you can that you think need to be answered in relation to world population. As a class, you will generate a list of questions to be researched.
Which of these statistics do you think has changed the most in the last ten years? Fact check! Record the most recent statistics and facts in your Humanities Journal. Remember to add a margin, date, title and to organize your information neatly.
- Pair share the key vocabulary you researched at home
- Here is a class activity to illustrate the growth of population over time:
Can our planet sustain population growth?
- The Earth as an Apple: Apple provocation
- Each group will be given some questions. Match these to the follow up statements in your groups
Here are the group activities:
- Here are some useful resources to get you on your way: