Grades 10 and 11: Wednesday, April 12th at 12:50 in the MYP/LGR Mr. Crawford and Ms. Goodman will be at NIS to tell us about programs and campus life at Case Western.
In addition to the free practice tools available at http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice, all students will have access to free, personalized, and focused practice resources through the College Board’s collaboration with Khan Academy. Practice materials for the SAT exam are available at the Khan Academy website . Client and participants shall use the Khan Academy practice tool and materials in accordance with Khan Academy’s guidelines.
ACT April 8, 2017 (March 1st registration deadline) Test center code: 872250 register www.actstudent.org
SAT May 6, 2017 (Marh 15, 2017 deadline) Test Center Code: 74345 School Code: 694219 Country Code: 457 Register collegeboard.org
Common app essay prompts 2017
- Some students have a background, identity, interest or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story. [No change]
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encountercan be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback or failure.How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience? [Revised]
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome? [Revised]
- Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma — anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution. [No change]
- Discuss an accomplishment, event or realizationthat sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others. [Revised]
- Describe a topic, idea or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?[New]
- Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you’ve already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design. [New]
February 24th at 12:50 to 1:50 in the MYP/LGR. Two goals for this session: 1. A guest speaker, Dr. High, a professor from Uof M will discuss a sample of content from the Biology courses at uni. 2. University discussion. This is great for grades 10 and 11 to learn about the application and campus. Come and visit.