ACT April 8, 2017 (March 1st registration deadline) Test center code: 872250 register www.actstudent.org
SAT May 6, 2017 (Marh 15, 2017 deadline) Test Center Code: 74345 School Code: 694219 Country Code: 457 Register collegeboard.org
Common app essay prompts 2017
- Some students have a background, identity, interest or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story. [No change]
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encountercan be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback or failure.How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience? [Revised]
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome? [Revised]
- Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma — anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution. [No change]
- Discuss an accomplishment, event or realizationthat sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others. [Revised]
- Describe a topic, idea or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?[New]
- Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you’ve already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design. [New]
February 24th at 12:50 to 1:50 in the MYP/LGR. Two goals for this session: 1. A guest speaker, Dr. High, a professor from Uof M will discuss a sample of content from the Biology courses at uni. 2. University discussion. This is great for grades 10 and 11 to learn about the application and campus. Come and visit.
Take a look at the world’s northernmost university…http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/29/travel/arctic-university-longyearbyen/
US University, Leadership and Sports Experience yougo_teaser
If you are looking for ideas for summer programs and internships, now is the time to research and apply:
Seniors! Whether you are taking a gap year, applying to university for August 2017 or going to university with a later start date, all plans and applications are due by December 15, 2016 or before. See Mrs. Galaty with any questions or if you need to order transcripts for application snail mail.
November 22, 2016 at 12:30 in the MYP/LGR come and learn about academics and campus life at HKBU.