Greetings fellow academic-practitioners,
- Do you bask in the perusal of readings, plus those suggested and referenced in said articles as well?
- Do you love finding new ways of thinking?
- Are you comfortable with cognitive dissonance?
If so, starting TODAY, and continuing every
Thursday, in the Strategy Room
we will create a:
Learning Alchemists* Environment
- Survey current, seminal, and even abject books on education, learning, and the periphery;
- Analyse, elucidate, and debate Peer Reviewed articles;
- Reflect on TED videos and the like;
- Criticise and appraise current practice, gadgetry, and trends;
- Share Ideas and “best practice";
- Create an ongoing agenda as a group.
You need to:
- Update your iPhones
- Be prepared for controversy and aha moments
- Bring a lunch (Maybe we’ll order in sometime)
- Do prior readings – or watchings (if called for)
You do not need:
- To come every week or for the whole of lunch (You can drop in and leave any time)
For our first encounter, we will watch a video,
comment on and critique it,
and create an agenda of items, readings, and videos for the next few meetings.
Come one, Come all.
Nihil Sine Causa (or is there?)
Contact Tom Johnson for more details
*Alchemy – "a power or process of transforming something common into something special”
Alchemy. (n.d.). Retrieved August 30, 2016, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alchemy