I am making an early call. I anticipate that the students will not want to be outside for 45 minutes at lunch break. Therefore, I am calling Hot Weather lunch breaks. This means:
- After eating lunch, ALL G1-5 students go outside (13:10 Thursday, 13:20 Friday) for 20 minutes of play.
- After 20 minutes (13:30 Th and 13:40 Fr) the duty teachers will send all the students into their classrooms for an indoor break.
- Duty teachers go inside to their designated indoor recess spots.
- The library will be closed at lunch.
- The Green Gym is open to G3-5 only.
Homeroom teachers, please support the students by explaining the expectations to your students.
All teachers: use reinforcing and reminding language to redirect students.
And, of course, if it is raining, it will be an indoor break for G1-5.