Archive | February 1, 2018
Some members of Chinese Drumming Club has been meeting every lunch hour this week (and will be next week) for the upcoming CNY performance. We’ve now put together a good orchestration. If you are still interested in joining, please join us at lunch today.
Grade 5 are looking for mentors!
- The role of the mentor is chiefly to advise and keep students on track.
- There should be regular meetings. For the most part we would like mentor meetings to happen during UOI time, in the grade 5 classrooms. HOWEVER – no problem if they come to you if that suits you better!
- Offer advice on locating resources and using them efficiently.
- Ask questions (i.e. to clarify thinking, to help with processing information, to extend knowledge etc.)
- Help interpret sophisticated/difficult information.
- Facilitate interviews, telephone calls, any electronic communication.
- Goal setting and time management advice.
- Be supportive and encouraging.
- Celebrate achievements and successes with the students.
Please email any of the grade 5 teachers if you are willing to be a part of this exciting journey! Information meeting NOT Thursday 8th March at 3:15. TBD