As we enter the home straight here are some reminders about the Clearance Forms and Leaving Procedures for our departing students in case you are asked questions or are new to the process.
- Each leaving student in every grade must have a Clearance Form. Parents complete the whole form for PS, and for MS/US the front page is for parents and the other two sheets for the students to complete. Dr Juan organises the G12 students himself.
- This is the link to the FAQ’s . The Transfer Info sheet is in three languages
- Forms can be obtained either from Main Reception, Admissions or downloaded off the website.
- TEACHERS are required to sign off for their subject in Grades 6-12, and HR in PS. IMPORTANT: BEFORE SIGNING, please ensure that there are no outstanding items due to be returned to you ie books, instruments or sports equipment. The book deposit of RMB 830 is only repaid if the Clearance Form is duly completed. We rely on your signatures as proof that there is nothing owing to NIS.
- Leaving staff children must also complete Clearance Forms and follow the same procedures.
- On the student’s last day – in exchange for their completed form we will hand over the studentship letter in PS and transcripts for MS/US. This is done by the Ladies on Main Reception with support from Admissions.
- Julia Zhang, Financial Controller on the 2nd floor of the Centre opposite the lift is always the last person to sign off on the form. She checks that there is no money owing to school by the student and the family.
- MACBOOKS: Please remind students that all MacBooks must handed into IT for them to clear off all school settings and software, and so EVERYTHING must be backed up by students as laptops will be wiped clean and they will not be able to retrieve anything. I would encourage all leaving students in Grades 5-11 to go and ask IT if they have any questions about this – especially in terms of the best time to get this done during that final busy week.
- Semester 2 reports will be out on Thursday 14th June and not before.
All leaving families must download and print them off, as once they have left NIS they will no longer have access to Veracross.
- If any student has a special request or needs help, send them either to Admissions or arrange an appointment with Arden.
- If Korean students have additional document requests, please redirect them to Samantha or Arden.
- Year Books will be handed out on the last day to all students. If you have missing students or others who have left early please arrange for them to be signed by their classmates as this is much appreciated. Over the holidays we will arrange for them to be forwarded to the address on the Clearance Form. Kindly take them to Reception or Admissions Office with their name and grade on the outside, as they can get mislaid over the summer break.
- Please continue to pass on any intel about leaving students. This can be a very unsettling time for some families who still do not know their future plans.
Any questions please come and see us in Admissions Office, call Sue on 13809022693 or email us at email@example.com
Thanks for your help and cooperation
Grace, Jane, Lucy and Sue
The A Team