End of Year Technology Notice
As you prepare for your transition to another school, the NIS IT Department would like to remind you about the following important dates for access to various IT services online, as well as to stop by our office for the removal of licensed, NIS software from your laptop.
Whether you have the NIS student image on your computer or not, we need to make sure that there is no NIS licensed software on your computer before you leave. This is part of the check-out procedure, so please make sure to stop by before 1215 on 15 June 2018. During this short process, we will restore your computer to its original “image” meaning that we will wipe all the data from it. So please back up your computer before coming in, or, we can facilitate the backup of your information during this process (though this will add time so best to come in a day before you plan to leave). You just need to provide us with a hard drive. Keep in mind that if you do not want us to re-image your computer, it is a longer process to ensure all of our NIS-licensed software is removed, so plan accordingly. Your leaving form cannot be signed until this is complete.
Departing students will have access to their NIS email accounts until 31 July 2018
- On 1 August 2018 these accounts will be disabled (i.e. if you need to access an old email, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org – just make sure to put NIS Family in the subject line)
- On 1 October 2018 these accounts will be deleted
- Graduated students will have access to their O365 accounts until 14 December 2018
- Student access for Leaving/Graduating students will be removed by the 18 June 2018
- Departing/Graduating Students will have access to only the online versions of our Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) until 1 October 2018
- Graduating Student roles will change from Current Student to Graduate/Former Student and account privileges will begin to be removed on 26 May 2018
- Departing Student roles will change from Current Student to Former Student and account privileges will be removed at the end of the day on 15 June 2018
- If you need access for some reason, you will need to email IT-Help@nanjing-school.com to request access.
- Seesaw classes will be archived on 22 June 2018 in order to update the system with the new classes for the first day back.
- If you’re leaving and/or would like an archive of your child’s work to this point, please follow these directions to download and save their SeeSaw portfolio.
- Any archived class can be unarchived for temporary access should it be needed.