As you will have seen from the recent reports, this is the second largest movement of students in and out of NIS over the coming weeks and months.
Kindly note from the report, that there are a couple of likely leaving dates : 14th Dec, 23rd Jan 2019 and even a few in the second half of Feb and earlier in December.
Below you will find information on our Clearance Forms and leaving procedures in case you are asked questions, or are new to the process.
Each leaving student in every grade must complete a Clearance Form. The parent needs to complete the whole form for PS, and for MS/US the front page is for parents and the other two sheets for the students to complete. (Non native speaking parents may need some assistance in PS)
· Forms can be obtained from Main Reception, Admissions or downloaded off the website on the Parent Portal or FAQ’s
· On the student’s last day – in exchange for their completed form we will hand over the studentship letter in PS and transcripts in MS/US. This is done by the ladies on Main Reception with support from Admissions. As school ends at 11am please encourage all concerned to get these forms completed in their final week – not the final hour!
· Julia Zhang, Financial Controller on the 2nd floor of the Centre opposite the lift is always the last person to sign off on the form. She checks that there is no money owing to school by the student and the family.
· It is important that all MacBooks are handed into IT for them to clear off all school settings and software. Before this is done EVERYTHING must be backed up as it will be wiped clean and they will not be able to retrieve anything. I would encourage all leaving students in Grade 5 and MS to ask IT if they have any questions about this – especially in terms of the best time to get this done.
· The S2 reports will be out on Tuesday 22nd January, 2019, and not before.
· All leaving families must download and print them off, as once they have left NIS they will no longer have access to Veracross.
· If any student has a special request or needs help, send them to Admissions or to see Weiwei who will arrange an appointment with Kasson.
· Our Korean leavers often have complicated procedures for the papers needed for their return home. If they need help – pass them onto Weiwei and Kasson.
· The Admissions Office remains open throughout the winter break.
· Please continue to pass on any intel about leaving students. This is a very unsettling time for some families who still do not know their future plans.
There will be further updates coming through from Admissions.
Any questions – come and see us in Admissions Office, call Sue on 13809022693 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your help and cooperation.
Grace, Jane, Lucy and Sue
The A Team