Happy (Western) New Year and Welcome Back!
We recently upgraded the access protocols to our Largestorage and Fileservers at NIS, so if you’ve been experiencing problems connecting to them, that is why. But don’t worry! Here are the instructions for updating the settings on your computer if you access from school:
- CMD+K keyboard shortcut will open the Connect to Server window below:
- For LargeStorage access: smb://192.168.30.10/ OR smb://largestorage.nanjing-school.com/
- For FileServer access: smb://192.168.30.12/ OR smb://fileserver.nanjing-school.com/
Note that the SMB part is quite important and the main difference.
If you are trying to connect via the links on the school website from home, come and see us in IT for help, or, if you are so inclined, follow the (slightly) more complicated directions below:
- While at school you need to download the new SSL VPN Client Software by doing the following:
Connect to https://220.127.116.11:4433 with a web browser
Type your username and password (i.e. your Veracross login information)
Choose the correct installer for your operating system (MacOS version)
Save the file to your computer
- Once installed:
- Select the WatchGuard Mobile VPN with SSL from your Applications
- When asked for server, type 18.104.22.168:4433
- Enter your username and password (same as before)
- Click the Connect button, and the VPN connection should be established.
Congratulations, you should now be able to securely connect to the Fileserver and Largestorage servers from home using the SMB protocol.
Once again, if you have any problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us in IT!
The NIS IT Department