Author Archive | suenorthcott
From Henry Chen
All our new student files have been moved to their permanent home in the ante room before Gretchen’s office.
These filing cabinets are locked and should remain so.
If you want access ask Gretchen or anyone in Admissions. The keys are easy to access.
There is a blue folder for you sign out any files that you remove. Kindly ensure that they are returned to their home – missing student files can cause a big headache.
Sue and everyone on the A Team
Henry Chen our friendly driver – will be 50 at the end of this week. If you would like to sign his card and We chat Sue a cash gift – she will hand it over to him on Friday – hopefully at school if I can get him here.
Thanks to those who have done so already.
Card is in my office by the window- drop by anytime.
Travel Tips on Friday …bet you didn’t guess that one?
The gap in your social calendar has just been filled and I hear you asking…. why has this not happened before?
That omission has now been corrected.
On the 1st Friday of the month starting on 7th Sept there will be an informal get together in the Staff Lounge:
Time – 4.15 for 4.30 start till 5.30pm
All staff welcome
Light refreshments available
Dean will kick off on 7th Sept with some invaluable travel tips – e.g. how to maximise your air miles and get the most out of your loyalty cards. With years of experience in the travel industry come along and find out more… for those insider game changing tips. Free upgrades ??
This will be a very chilled opportunity to share travel experiences – no PPT’s/ no handouts/ no razzamatazz
Sue will probably do sth on the Tulou (round houses in Fujian Province near Xiamen) on 12th Sept.
Dates for you diary : Friday 12th Sept/2nd Nov/7th Dec 2018
No need to RSVP just turn up – happy holidays and see you there!
Everyone is welcome. If you are a NIC Member it is free. If you just want to come along and have fun it is RMB250 for adults and RMB100 for children. This is the legendary SKYWAYS BBQ – the best nosh this side of Alps!
Lots of activities for children and the chance to catch up with old friends and get to know more about our new families too. There is a huge tent for everyone to sit under cover. It will be erected Friday afternoon from 3.30 so please keep out of that area.
See you all there – come rain – come shine !
For more info see Sue N in Admissions
What’s this ?
You may well ask…
Is it free?
Watch this space
More to come…..
Important information for all new staff and reminder for others. The first edition will be today Friday 17th August.
All material for our Weekly Bulletin is submitted via the Daily Bulletin using the box in the very top right hand corner called “Weekly Bulletin”
The bulletin is published mid afternoon on Fridays on the website and via Veracross to all parents and staff. It is a public document and checked by Laurie each week.
The deadline for submission is 12 noon on Wednesdays. If you have a problem with this please let Sue know as soon as possible. Important information is translated into Korean and Chinese. If you are not sure if this applies to your article ask Sue or Kasson.
There are two options : Weekly Bulletin and Banner/Poster. Instructions on each are contained in the drop down box.
The poster part relates to the information that is loaded on the hi-tec screen in the Centre Foyer near the Reception Counter. All other items are displayed throughout the week on the screen next to the PTA Shop. There is a hard copy in the school foyer by the entrance to the Cafeteria.
In order for us to edit or update please submit your entries in Word.
We do not allow any family names of students. First names only. We also observe strict guidelines on use of student photos. If you need clarification see Ruth.
If you have any problems submitting files, address any technical issues to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your support
Do come along to this party raising money for one of our school charities “Hopeful Hearts” near the glass pagoda in the 1865 Creative Park in Nanjing
Katrin Koss will be in school selling tickets or you can see Sue N in Admissions for more info.
It will be great fun and all for a good cause. Everyone is welcome – bring your friends!
The Nanjing International Club will once again be inviting everyone to their Membership BBQ on Sat 1st Sept from 12-4pm. This annual event is hosted by NIS with a marquee and fun for all the family.
Skyways lays on a sensational BBQ and it is a great time to catch up with friends – old and new. With so many new faces joining NIS this year – do mark it in your diaries and come along with the all the family.
New and returning NIC Members are free, non members 250RMB and children under 12 100RMB
For foreign hire teachers your NIC goodie bags will be put in your pigeon holes on Friday 17th August together with the latest famous Taxi Cards. Always an exciting moment!
For more info on upcoming events go to their website
Any other questions see Sue in Admissions
This Friday 8th June, will be our last Weekly Bulletin.
There will not be one on the last Friday of term.
Please make sure that your articles are submitted today, or by midday on Thursday at the very latest.
There will be a Charity Sale on Monday and Tuesday next week in the School Foyer her the Library.
Merchandise will be on sale all day and baked items at break time.
Come along and support our school charities.
Anna Mathias is moving from Nanjing and selling much of her own art work.
She is a talented artist and will have an Open House in Evian on 4/5 & 6th June from 11am- 8pm
Anna has helped out with many of our theatrical productions over the years and her children both graduated from NIS.
Do go along and have a look.
Do go along and see the wonderful art exhibition by many of our talented students in the Cafe this week.
Mr Minchan Yoon, the Founder of the Naturalism Art Studio here in Nanjing is their teacher and he has held exhibitions here in the Centre before.
Some of the items are for sale and a proportion of the proceeds will go to Pfrang.
The Art work is on display until Friday 18th May
Do not miss it!
As mentioned at Staff Briefing – there are Preview Tickets available for local staff for the RFG based Garage Sale for Hopeful Hearts
Tickets from Sue for RMB10 each – for HH
4.30 to 6pm on Thursday 17th May.
See me for a ticket in Admissions
If you have stuff to put into the sale please take directly to the RFG location on Thursday morning. For more detailed info contact Katrin Koss 180 6611 8260.
As we enter the home straight here are some reminders about the Clearance Forms and Leaving Procedures for our departing students in case you are asked questions or are new to the process.
- Each leaving student in every grade must have a Clearance Form. Parents complete the whole form for PS, and for MS/US the front page is for parents and the other two sheets for the students to complete. Dr Juan organises the G12 students himself.
- This is the link to the FAQ’s . The Transfer Info sheet is in three languages
- Forms can be obtained either from Main Reception, Admissions or downloaded off the website.
- TEACHERS are required to sign off for their subject in Grades 6-12, and HR in PS. IMPORTANT: BEFORE SIGNING, please ensure that there are no outstanding items due to be returned to you ie books, instruments or sports equipment. The book deposit of RMB 830 is only repaid if the Clearance Form is duly completed. We rely on your signatures as proof that there is nothing owing to NIS.
- Leaving staff children must also complete Clearance Forms and follow the same procedures.
- On the student’s last day – in exchange for their completed form we will hand over the studentship letter in PS and transcripts for MS/US. This is done by the Ladies on Main Reception with support from Admissions.
- Julia Zhang, Financial Controller on the 2nd floor of the Centre opposite the lift is always the last person to sign off on the form. She checks that there is no money owing to school by the student and the family.
- MACBOOKS: Please remind students that all MacBooks must handed into IT for them to clear off all school settings and software, and so EVERYTHING must be backed up by students as laptops will be wiped clean and they will not be able to retrieve anything. I would encourage all leaving students in Grades 5-11 to go and ask IT if they have any questions about this – especially in terms of the best time to get this done during that final busy week.
- Semester 2 reports will be out on Thursday 14th June and not before.
All leaving families must download and print them off, as once they have left NIS they will no longer have access to Veracross.
- If any student has a special request or needs help, send them either to Admissions or arrange an appointment with Arden.
- If Korean students have additional document requests, please redirect them to Samantha or Arden.
- Year Books will be handed out on the last day to all students. If you have missing students or others who have left early please arrange for them to be signed by their classmates as this is much appreciated. Over the holidays we will arrange for them to be forwarded to the address on the Clearance Form. Kindly take them to Reception or Admissions Office with their name and grade on the outside, as they can get mislaid over the summer break.
- Please continue to pass on any intel about leaving students. This can be a very unsettling time for some families who still do not know their future plans.
Any questions please come and see us in Admissions Office, call Sue on 13809022693 or email us at email@example.com
Thanks for your help and cooperation
Grace, Jane, Lucy and Sue
The A Team