If anyone lost this black pearl necklace on Saturday night at the NIC Benefit Concert – please see Sue Northcott in Admissions.
Author Archive | suenorthcott
As you will have seen from the recent reports, this is the second largest movement of students in and out of NIS over the coming weeks and months.
Kindly note from the report, that there are a couple of likely leaving dates : 14th Dec, 23rd Jan 2019 and even a few in the second half of Feb and earlier in December.
Below you will find information on our Clearance Forms and leaving procedures in case you are asked questions, or are new to the process.
Each leaving student in every grade must complete a Clearance Form. The parent needs to complete the whole form for PS, and for MS/US the front page is for parents and the other two sheets for the students to complete. (Non native speaking parents may need some assistance in PS)
· Forms can be obtained from Main Reception, Admissions or downloaded off the website on the Parent Portal or FAQ’s
· On the student’s last day – in exchange for their completed form we will hand over the studentship letter in PS and transcripts in MS/US. This is done by the ladies on Main Reception with support from Admissions. As school ends at 11am please encourage all concerned to get these forms completed in their final week – not the final hour!
· Julia Zhang, Financial Controller on the 2nd floor of the Centre opposite the lift is always the last person to sign off on the form. She checks that there is no money owing to school by the student and the family.
· It is important that all MacBooks are handed into IT for them to clear off all school settings and software. Before this is done EVERYTHING must be backed up as it will be wiped clean and they will not be able to retrieve anything. I would encourage all leaving students in Grade 5 and MS to ask IT if they have any questions about this – especially in terms of the best time to get this done.
· The S2 reports will be out on Tuesday 22nd January, 2019, and not before.
· All leaving families must download and print them off, as once they have left NIS they will no longer have access to Veracross.
· If any student has a special request or needs help, send them to Admissions or to see Weiwei who will arrange an appointment with Kasson.
· Our Korean leavers often have complicated procedures for the papers needed for their return home. If they need help – pass them onto Weiwei and Kasson.
· The Admissions Office remains open throughout the winter break.
· Please continue to pass on any intel about leaving students. This is a very unsettling time for some families who still do not know their future plans.
There will be further updates coming through from Admissions.
Any questions – come and see us in Admissions Office, call Sue on 13809022693 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your help and cooperation.
Grace, Jane, Lucy and Sue
The A Team
Don’t forget to sign up now on Veracross for this service opportunity.
There are still some places left.
Nanjing International Club Benefit Concert in the PAC
This Saturday Nov 24th – 4.30pm – 8.30 pm
Possible outcomes: collaboration, challenge…
It is always a fun evening with lots to do ! Your help is much appreciated.
If you would like some more information – drop by the Admissions Office to see Ms Sue or send her an email email@example.com
It is that time of year again – the legendary Gingerbread Houses are soon going to appear in the school foyer courtesy of Amy Keus. There will be 4 separate portable cakes this year for easy removal after the concert is over.
Raffle tickets will be on sale in the foyer or through Sue in Admissions before the Concert on 24th Nov and on the night itself.
Winners will be announced at the end of the Benefit Concert. Make sure you have your name and contact number on your ticket in case you are not there on the evening.
Don’t forget to buy your tickets – cash only – no WeChat.
25 RMB for 1 ticket
100 for 5 tickets
All proceeds to the 4 NIS/NIC charities
This year we are focussed on having a **PARTY** and not a Ball.
No need to spend money on a new frock – this is all about dancing, buffet supper & wine and having fun with friends – just before we all get away for the Winter Holidays.
Tickets are on sale in the Centre Foyer from this week.
The Shangri La is offering a good room rate to stay over, and our student choir will be in place for the tree lighting ceremony just before the party kicks off.
Do come along – make a group and celebrate the end of a great year!
For more info see Sue in Admissions
The vendors have told us that they will be at the Shangri La until 5pm.
I hope that some of you will be able to come along?
If there is not too much traffic it should only take 20 mins or so to get there by taxi. Much longer by Metro cos you have to change lines.
Hope you can make it !
Did you know that Chartwells provide ready made, freshly cooked meals to order.
They need two days notice, and can be picked up from either Cafe.
You can email Annie at Chartwells and pay by WeChat, your card or cash.
I can highly recommend the beef lasagne.
There is also chicken cordon bleu, cottage pie, and fish pie .
The cottage pie is 40 RMB everything else is 35RMB
Portions are quite substantial.
Great to freeze and keep for those days when you do not want to cook…..
Travel Tips on Friday – in the Staff Lounge
4.00 for 4.15 kick off- finish by 5.15 latest
Topic : Sue will take you to the Tulou – the exquisite, ancient round houses in Fujian province.
Do come along – very informal – everyone welcome!!
Please note that all children attending the Autumn Festival on Friday will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult
Food and drink will be available for sale throughout the evening – make sure that everyone has some cash. No WeChat payments.
Some more volunteers have kindly offered to help on the night, but there are still slots.
The more people that help the lighter the load for everyone!
More for info contact Jo Laycock : firstname.lastname@example.org
URGENT! The PTA needs your help to host a safe, fun-filled Autumn Festival event this coming Friday. We still need 4 volunteers for games at 5:30-7pm and 9 volunteers for games at 7-8pm. Please consider donating an hour of two of your time to help make this a spook-tacular evening.
Contact: Jo Laycock email@example.com or sign up at the ticket sales desk in the Centre foyer before or after school.
We have hundreds of children attending this event, and we need your help to make sure that everyone is safe and has a wonderful evening.
Your support would be much appreciated!
Jo Laycock & the organising committee
As we have holidays next week there will be no Weekly Bulletin this Anniversary Friday.
Normal service will resume on 12th October. Please make sure your submissions are in by lunch time on Wednesday 10th.
For those of you who have already sent in something, supposedly for this week – I have been in touch with you and don’t worry – they will be posted on 12th October.
From Henry Chen
All our new student files have been moved to their permanent home in the ante room before Gretchen’s office.
These filing cabinets are locked and should remain so.
If you want access ask Gretchen or anyone in Admissions. The keys are easy to access.
There is a blue folder for you sign out any files that you remove. Kindly ensure that they are returned to their home – missing student files can cause a big headache.
Sue and everyone on the A Team
Henry Chen our friendly driver – will be 50 at the end of this week. If you would like to sign his card and We chat Sue a cash gift – she will hand it over to him on Friday – hopefully at school if I can get him here.
Thanks to those who have done so already.
Card is in my office by the window- drop by anytime.
Travel Tips on Friday …bet you didn’t guess that one?
The gap in your social calendar has just been filled and I hear you asking…. why has this not happened before?
That omission has now been corrected.
On the 1st Friday of the month starting on 7th Sept there will be an informal get together in the Staff Lounge:
Time – 4.15 for 4.30 start till 5.30pm
All staff welcome
Light refreshments available
Dean will kick off on 7th Sept with some invaluable travel tips – e.g. how to maximise your air miles and get the most out of your loyalty cards. With years of experience in the travel industry come along and find out more… for those insider game changing tips. Free upgrades ??
This will be a very chilled opportunity to share travel experiences – no PPT’s/ no handouts/ no razzamatazz
Sue will probably do sth on the Tulou (round houses in Fujian Province near Xiamen) on 12th Sept.
Dates for you diary : Friday 12th Sept/2nd Nov/7th Dec 2018
No need to RSVP just turn up – happy holidays and see you there!