There are some simple rules that you should follow when referencing:
- Use the title ‘References’ not ‘Bibliography’ or ‘Works Cited’
- List all the references in alphabetical order.
- Always indent after the first line, one tab in.
- Use the correct format for each reference (see guide below).
- Do not number the references or use separate lists for books / websites / movies.
- Try using the APA template in WORD.
This is the full APA 6th Edition Guide
The University of Strathclyde in Glasgow has also published this handy guide.
Worried about headers, section breaks, numbering and tables of contents? Do not fear! Check out this video
Searching for a DOI? Try here
Full instructions of how to present the final Extended Essay are here
Below is an example of an APA reference list, complied by Mr Johnson: