1. China 1900-1912: The rise of Nationalism in China
How does the Geography of China impact its History?
Overview of China in the 20th century: Crash Course Chinese History 1911 – 1949
China 1900 – 1927 Key Note
Coronation and Abdication
The Warlord Era – Michael Lynch
- In what ways, and to what extent, was Yuan Shikai responsible for the rise of warlordism in China in the early twentieth century? Nov 2012
- Assess the impact of the Warlord Era on China between 1916 and 1927.
3. The Impact of the First World War on China (recap)
4. The New Culture Movement 1912 – 1919
5. The GMD and the CCP 1920 – 7
Your task is to create a Pecha Kucha (20 slides, 20 seconds per slide) about either the GMD or the CCP to present to the Standard Level students. You must cover LEADERSHIP, IDEOLOGY/POLICIES, PRACTICE AND IMPACT.
Why did the CCP and GMD create a united Front 1924 -7?
6. Who was Chiang Kai Shek?
These sites can help with understanding the rise of Chiang Kai Shek:
7. The Northern Expedition 1926 and the end of the First United Front 1927
Create a diagram to show the long and short term causes of the Northern Expedition and the long and short term consequences of the Northern Expedition. The resource below will help:
8. The Nanjing Decade 1927 – 1937
The key characteristics of this period of rule by Chiang Kai Shek were:
- The First Chinese Civil War agains the CCP
- The invasion of the Japanese in Manchuria
- The New Life Movement
- Economic, Financial and educational reforms
Evaluate the rule of Chiang Kai Shek during the Nanjing Decade 1927 – 37.