The FIBA Rules (latest edition) http://www.fiba.com/ shall be implemented for ACAMIS tournaments with the following notes:
- Games will be played 4 quarters of 7 minutes each.
- A 35 second shot clock must be used and where possible placed above the backboard.
- Overtime Periods will be 3 minutes and begins with a jump ball.
- All teams will receive up to a ten-minute warm-up period prior to the start of the game, on the side of the court away from their bench. Any second half warm-up will be in front of own bench. This corresponds to direction of play in each half.
- If the games fall behind schedule, each team will have 8 minutes to warm-up at their own end of the court.
- First Half – Two (2) time-outs for each team.
- Second Half – Three (3) time-outs for each team.
- Overtime Periods – One (1) time-out is granted per overtime period for each team.
- Timeouts do not carry over from half to half or into overtime
- The length of each time-out is 1 minute.
- The length of time between quarters is 2 minutes.
- The maximum length of halftime is 8 minutes.
- Coaches may request a timeout by approaching the scorers’ table. The scorer notifies the referee of the timeout at an appropriate time, which includes: a dead ball, free throw, immediately after a scored basket by the opposing team. (Current FIBA Rule)
Equipment and Court Markings
- Girls’ games shall use a size 6 ball (28.5” / 72cm).
- Boys’ games shall use a size 7 ball (29.5” / 75cm).
- Boys use regular FIBA court dimensions
- Girls use USA high school/collegiate 3 point line (19’9”) / lane and lane markings
Tie breaker from round-robin standings for tournament seeding (in order of application):
- Head to Head Game Result
- Points Difference – Tied Teams – All Games
- A maximum point differential of 20 points will be used for calculations. This is to minimize “running up” the score in order to improve a team’s seeding.
- 3 Coin Toss