This Interdisciplinary Unit (IDU) with Science and Humanities gives you an opportunity to collaboratively engage in critical thinking about the transmission and distribution of healthcare for a specific disease.
Exhibition on the impact of disease
|Related Concept:||Connections & Choice|
|Global Context:||Fairness & Development:
SYSTEMS are not always developed upon fairness and CHOICE
ORGANIZATION: Will be very important in this UNIT 🙂
- BRING YOUR COMPUTER TO BOTH SCIENCE & HUMANITIES CLASSES
- Download all documents onto your computer and start a folder for the IDU – remain organized!
- 7A & 7B: IDU Groups 2016
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THESE VIDEO CLIPS?
HOW DO THEY RELATE TO FAIRNESS & DEVELOPMENT?
There are several smaller TASKS you must complete in your group (collaboratoin):
- ACTION PLAN: – IT is really important that you keep the action plan updated from the first day of this unit – We will use this to assess your presentation.
grade-7-idu-2016-presentation PLANNING doc.
- Task 1 – IDU vocabulary LIST. All students must have a completed this – but you will work in your groups to put it together.
idu-vocab LIST of words
TASK SHEET for the IDU PROJECT:
- Task 2 – Formulating a RESEARCH QUESTION
THIS might be helpful. This definitely will be:
ORDER OF Jan. 23rd 2017 7A and 7C Presentations:
EXHIBITION: WHAT MAKE FOR A SUCCESSFUL EXHIBIT?
Some other useful sites include: Also go to this library link for more:
- USE the books in the classroom – range of resources is best
- Lots of resources in the TASK SHEET too 🙂
RESOURCES FOR SCIENCE:
RESOURCES FOR HUMANITIES:
http://populationpyramid.net/, for information on populations pyramids.
http://www.ngo.org/index2.htm , for more about NGO’s and their work,
http://www.who.int/en/ for information about disease from the World Health Organisation.
These, and others, are included in this customised Google Search Engine for disease – start here: