Personal Project: Final Instructions
Wednesday February 20th.
- HARD copy of Report and Excerpt of Process Journal to supervisor by 15:45
- Product or evidence of outcome to supervisor by 15:45
- SOFT copy of Report and Excerpt of Process Journal to Drop Box is 18:00 Student large storage
2 PDF files in a folder with your name: PPP_first&last name_Report
- PDF Soft copy of Report to Turnitin due at 18:00 (PDF only)
Note: If supervisor is absent bring hard copies and product to C-142 before 15:45 Mr Morin
This is a video of how you should format your paper. It is missing the RUNNING HEAD in the header.
Your RUNNING HEAD should be in cap-locks with a semicolon and then a shortened version of your title. It should be left justified.
RUNNING HEAD: Model Airplanes
RUNNING HEAD: Energy Efficient Houses
Title Page ( Student name, school name, year, title of project and length (word count if written)
Define the goal including (Title of project, Context, a clear goal, how you intend to achieve your goal and an AoI focus)
Selection of Sources
Application of Information
Achieving the goal
Reflection on Learning
Excerpt of Process Journal is a different document
The process journal is handed in to supervisor on due date and may be returned to student.
Here is an example of feedback from Ms Keus to one student. It is detailed and could help everyone with their last revision of report.
1) Your goal paragraph is unfocused and in past tense. It reads more like an “abstract” than an introduction. It needs to be in future tense and you need to state what your goal is and how you hope to achieve it
2) You have not listed your guiding question
3) You need to define your AOI more clearly
4) Specifications aren’t always clear
5) Selection of Sources has no in-text citations (which means you aren’t allowed to have a reference list, since they are matching pairs)
6) Your description of sources is vague because you don’t evaluate specific sources, but rather just talk about general genres.
7) You have off-topic sentences (e.g. talking about getting books when you should be evaluating books)
8) Your application of information section is too small
9) Your reflection on learning section meets only 1 of the 3 criteria descriptors – You have not reflected on your learning or on your AOI
10) Your reference list has incorrect information. You have not added authors’ names and dates even when they are readily available.
11) Appendices need to be finished