It has been a very busy few weeks for the Grade 10 and we are sure you’re starting to feel the pressure – here are some things you can/should be working on:
- With your supervisor, discuss and decide on which type of report you want to produce – the options are here on the blog (look at the first two entries) and a multi–media report is possible.
- No matter what format you decide, you should still write the first section – Investigating (Crit. A) – a written (rough draft) early can be helpful and re-focuses you on your goal. See the outline below if you’re not sure what should be included and check the PPP Guide for more detail.
- You should have a solid first draft of your product completed before the break, so your supervisor can provide some feedback and you can still work on your product over the break.
- The product should be due when you get back in January, giving you more than a month for the report
- Please continue to reflect, especially when things get tough and keep the AtL in mind (self-management, research, communication etc).
The first section of your report should have the following components (Crit. A: Investigating):
- Personal interests that led to the goal
- Goal statement or inquiry question and product
- Global Context – which strand and why this is appropriate to the goal
- Prior knowledge that will be drawn upon – subject knowledge and/or experiential knowledge
- The sources used – choose at least 5 sources and discuss how they helped with understanding the goal and creating the product.
NEXT UP: Specifications, which can be done in a bulleted list or a rubric.