This is a one page strand by strand rubric that will help guide the reporting of your PPP.
An incompleted Draft of Report is better than no draft at all! You will receive feedback on what you have completed already. This will help you focus on what needs to be done to finish. Show and provide to your supervisor:
- Your journal with all entries up to date
- A beginning or completed Report Draft with proper structure (even unfinished)
- Quality journal entries selected for assessment (10 A4 pages maximum)
- Evidence of product or outcome completed (Photos, videos or product itself)
Book an appointment in person with your supervisor before 16:00 on Wednesday.
Above is a strong example of a successful Personal Project report. Please look at the structure and the quality of reflection. You can also see quality journal entries in appendix. FYI: The content of this report was submitted to Turnitin. Remember to not use integral lines from someone else’s work without proper referencing.
It has been a very busy few weeks for the Grade 10 and we are sure you’re starting to feel the pressure – here are some things you can/should be working on:
- With your supervisor, discuss and decide on which type of report you want to produce – the options are here on the blog (look at the first two entries) and a multi–media report is possible.
- No matter what format you decide, you should still write the first section – Investigating (Crit. A) – a written (rough draft) early can be helpful and re-focuses you on your goal. See the outline below if you’re not sure what should be included and check the PPP Guide for more detail.
- You should have a solid first draft of your product completed before the break, so your supervisor can provide some feedback and you can still work on your product over the break.
- The product should be due when you get back in January, giving you more than a month for the report
- Please continue to reflect, especially when things get tough and keep the AtL in mind (self-management, research, communication etc).
The first section of your report should have the following components (Crit. A: Investigating):
- Personal interests that led to the goal
- Goal statement or inquiry question and product
- Global Context – which strand and why this is appropriate to the goal
- Prior knowledge that will be drawn upon – subject knowledge and/or experiential knowledge
- The sources used – choose at least 5 sources and discuss how they helped with understanding the goal and creating the product.
NEXT UP: Specifications, which can be done in a bulleted list or a rubric.
Here is the latest update of the PP Guide.
Personal Project: Final Instructions
Wednesday February 20th.
- HARD copy of Report and Excerpt of Process Journal to supervisor by 15:45
- Product or evidence of outcome to supervisor by 15:45
- SOFT copy of Report and Excerpt of Process Journal to Drop Box is 18:00 Student large storage
2 PDF files in a folder with your name: PPP_first&last name_Report
- PDF Soft copy of Report to Turnitin due at 18:00 (PDF only)
Note: If supervisor is absent bring hard copies and product to C-142 before 15:45 Mr Morin
Here is an example of feedback from Ms Keus to one student. It is detailed and could help everyone with their last revision of report.
Please make sure you book an appointment with your supervisor for Wednesday 3Way conferences.
This is an opportunity to look at the final stages of the Personal Project due on February 19.
You must book an appointment!
Product completed: December 2013
Product accessible by supervisor: January 15
Draft of Report to supervisor: January 15
Report Final Due Date: February 19
Have a safe winter break!
Make sure you meet your supervisor this week for a progress report. Bring updated journal with you.
If you are considering presenting your report or journal in a format other than written, you must inform Mr. Morin and your supervisor by e-mail. Please explain your choice in a short paragraph.
Email subject : FORMAT of PPP DOCUMENTS
To: Francis Morin <Francismorin@staff.nanjing-school.com>
CC: Your Supervisor
According to the Guide :
Dear PPP students,
We have redesigned the 4 Boxes document. Please start using it from now on. It may take a few minutes but the time invested will allow you to reflect on the quality and the level of alignment.
Use that document when you meet your supervisor for your next weekly visit.
Keep all documents and changes in your journal.
All blog post below are from last school year.
They are for consultation only.
Dates and deadlines may have change for this year.