School of Rock is in session today at lunch. See you there.
School of Rock is in session today at lunch. See you there.
Come and improve your Volleyball and have some fun at the same time. This activity is open to all Grade 5 and 6 students. It will run on Mondays and Wednesdays 3.15 – 4.15pm after the Winter Break. Come and give it a try, even if you have never played before! Sign up on Veracross.
We have changed providers for the Grade 12 trip in the Spring. As a result, the itinerary is slightly modified (improved!).
Come check it out and offer any ideas, suggestions or thoughts as we move towards finalizing the plan for your senior trip. The itinerary is up on a whiteboard in room D204.
We will have a meeting tomorrow in the LGR (Friday December 7th 8.10 am) for all students attending the Mandarin Exchange with the next door school. This means all students in Phase 3 from Grades 6-9 during Extended Advisory.
Reminder of the trip:
On December 10th and 11th our Mandarin phase 3 students in Grades 6 – 9 will visit the Middle School next door to NIS from 11am – 3pm. For the first hour they will accompany a Chinese student to class, then they will have lunch in the school cafeteria before going to class with their partner at 1.30pm. They will return to NIS at 3pm. On December 12th and 13th the Chinese students will visit NIS and follow the same routine.
Please be aware of the disruption to your classes…… first because some of your students may be absent and second because you may have additional, Chinese Students, in your class.
We’re nearly there…we want all 324 Pfrang students to receive a Giving Tree Present this year. Please consider donating. It doesn’t have to be 100 rmb, it can be the change in your pocket! Anything you can donate will be greatly appreciated.
Let’s make sure every Pfrang student receives a gift this holiday season.
Hello. Here are the minutes for our Strategy Team meeting from November 29. If you have any questions please come and see me. Thank you.
As you will have seen from the recent reports, this is the second largest movement of students in and out of NIS over the coming weeks and months.
Kindly note from the report, that there are a couple of likely leaving dates : 14th Dec, 23rd Jan 2019 and even a few in the second half of Feb and 10th December for the Attard boys.
Below you will find information on our Clearance Forms and leaving procedures in case you are asked questions, or are new to the process.
Each leaving student in every grade must complete a Clearance Form. The parent needs to complete the whole form for PS, and for MS/US the front page is for parents and the other two sheets for the students to complete. (Non native speaking parents may need some assistance in PS)
· Forms can be obtained from Main Reception, Admissions or downloaded off the website on the Parent Portal or FAQ’s
· On the student’s last day – in exchange for their completed form we will hand over the studentship letter in PS and transcripts in MS/US. This is done by the ladies on Main Reception with support from Admissions. As school ends at 11am please encourage all concerned to get these forms completed in their final week – not the final hour!
· Julia Zhang, Financial Controller on the 2nd floor of the Centre opposite the lift is always the last person to sign off on the form. She checks that there is no money owing to school by the student and the family.
· It is important that all MacBooks are handed into IT for them to clear off all school settings and software. Before this is done EVERYTHING must be backed up as it will be wiped clean and they will not be able to retrieve anything. I would encourage all leaving students in Grade 5 and MS to ask IT if they have any questions about this – especially in terms of the best time to get this done.
· The S2 reports will be out on Tuesday 22nd January, 2019, and not before.
· All leaving families must download and print them off, as once they have left NIS they will no longer have access to Veracross.
· If any student has a special request or needs help, send them to Admissions or to see Weiwei who will arrange an appointment with Kasson.
· Our Korean leavers often have complicated procedures for the papers needed for their return home. If they need help – pass them onto Weiwei and Kasson.
· The Admissions Office remains open throughout the winter break.
· Please continue to pass on any intel about leaving students. This is a very unsettling time for some families who still do not know their future plans.
There will be further updates coming through from Admissions.
Any questions – come and see us in Admissions Office, call Sue on 13809022693 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your help and cooperation.
Grace, Jane, Lucy and Sue
The A Team
Sign ups are now open on Veracross for CISSA Volleyball (Gr5 and 6) and CISSA Badminton (Gr6 – 8). Both activities will start immediately after the winter break. Due to court space, Badminton numbers are restricted and will be on a first come first served basis.
CISSA Volleyball practices are on Mondays and Wednesdays 3.15 – 4.15pm.
CISSA Badminton practices are:
Boys – Mondays and Fridays 3.15 – 4.15pm
Girls – Wednesdays and Fridays 3.15 – 4.15pm
It is ok for a student to do one day of badminton and one day of volleyball if they wish.
This is just a reminder that there may be some intermittent network connectivity and/or slow connection for the Teacher network today. We will be running some tests with a new Internet Service Provider (ISP) for our overseas line that will eventually allow us to double our internet speed to your favorite sites outside the Great Firewall.
We do have a backup in place in case we lose all connectivity, but are hoping we won’t need it. We apologize for any inconvenience, and any impact on your user experience will be kept to a minimum, but we do ask for your patience for the next couple of days while the initial set up takes place.
We will be doing this two more times before making a final decision on our provider in the Chinese New Year. Stay tuned for more updates.
The IT Team
Anyone who performed in, played in, worked in or helped in any way in this year’s MS/US production of Return to the Forbidden Planet we have a few treats for you today during lunch!
Come to the Black Box 12:30…
Please find attached SLT Meeting Minutes of Nov 30th for your information.
This Friday 7th December will be the last Weekly Bulletin of 2018. There is no edition on the final Friday.
The next one will be on 11th January 2019 with the deadline for entries at noon on Wednesday 9th.
Sue in Admissions
Kasson will be the MOD of Dec. 8, 2018.