We need an idea of which trip you think you’d like to go on. You must choose a different trip from the year before. The link is at the bottom of this notice. Here are some general highlights from each of the Discover China trips. If you are now in grade 9 or 10, you can choose from:
- Hike to village ≈ 2 hours
- Hike to work site ≈ 30 minutes each way/each day
- Waterfall Hike ≈ 4 hours
- Batik workshop
- Service: building cement wall, shoveling dirt ≈ 2 – 3 days
- Bike ride ≈ 3 hours, ≈ 18 – 25 km
- Hike to tea plantation 2.5 hours
- Via Ferrata
- Scavenger Hunt
- Service: repairing of a tulou (round house)
- Bike ride ≈ 50 km
- Run ≈ 5 km every day
- Hike ≈ 20 km
- Rock Climbing
- Moon Cave/Mud Bath
- Environmental cleanup
To participate in the Yangshuo trip, there are the minimum requirements. You must be able to:
- swim at least 200m unaided with life jacket on
- run 5km
- bike ride up to 50km
- hike 20 km on undulating terrain (5 hours with breaks)
- You should also be comfortable in confined spaces.
If you cannot bike ride or swim yet but want to go on the trip, Mr Stevens will provide you opportunities to upskill before the trip. We will be assessing your abilities before the summer.
Contact Mr Stevens TODAY!!!!!!!!!
Come to the ACTIVITIES OFFICE if you would like some more information.