Current events definition: contemporary developments in local, national, or world affairs.
They are the important political and social events happening in the world now.
A good place to start: Are there many news source around the world?
Other places to look include: Here is a good source for international news?
Unit vocabulary: CurrentEventsVocabG7Hum-1yf7s6k
Current Events Task: Look for a story that interests you in the last 7 -14 days – can be local, national or international
- The news can be about the arts, sports, politics, economy, people, places, entertainment…
- The story can be from a reliable online news source (ask me if unsure) or use the resource above.
- You can also read a story in your mother-tongue but explain it in English.
On a document – Summarize the main facts – give the
- title of the story –
- place –
- date of the story –
- main facts –
Name of the news source and the author (if there is one)
- IS it local, national or international?
- How would you categorise this news story – social, political, economic, intellectual and environmental? Explain your answer with examples.
- What did you learn from reading this news story? Was this story a part of larger piece of news? Or a stand- alone story?
- Why did you find this story to be interesting?
Be ready to share your Current NEWS in class