Strategy-related Professional Learning

Good morning, All.

Please check out the three NIS Strategy-Based virtual professional learning opportunities below…

1. The Chapters International-sponsored workshop below is designed as an introduction to pedagogy based on student voice and student choice.

It is sorted into four evening sessions (Intro, Aspirations, Voice, Data) and designed for K-12 educators.

The Dynamics of Student Voice and Aspirations

Dr. Russell Quaglia & Dr. Lisa Lande 

25th September, 2nd, 9th, 16th October 2021 (6:30pm Nanjing-time each evening)

• Incorporate student voice and aspirations into all learning environments;
  • Enhance remote and in-person learning to be more purposeful for students;
  • Raise student and staff expectations for success;
  • Improve motivation and achievement, leading to increased attendance rates; and
  • Integrate student voice to create the most beneficial learning experience within all modes of instruction.

If you are interested in applying for funds for this workshop, please complete our digital application here.

2. Seoul of a Leader is a virtual conference put on by Seoul Foreign School and EARCOS. This year it will feature Darnell Fine (of Learning2 @NIS fame) and is focused on “Leading Together for Justice.” The line-up looks great. It’s happening on September 11th.

3. Global Online Academy also had two new courses coming up focused on Designing for Equity. These are asynchronous “light lifts” that happen over a week. These courses are included in our GOA Membership fee, so no PD application required!

Designing for Equity: Content (September 20-24)

Designing for Equity: Assessment (October 18-22)